Hello Beautiful Family,
It has been another wonderful week! I don't think the blessings will ever stop. I feel so humbled and lucky to be a part of this work and to be a missionary; there is no greater calling.
| She doesn't know the piggies are gator supper! |
EXPECT MIRACLES was one of the promises we received in the MTC. I will never forget that promise and it is so true ... our Heavenly Father is a God of miracles!
During one of our instructions, we re-read our Call Letter, our Ministerial Card, our Name Tag and our purpose. It was such a spiritual experience to know that we are literally surrounded by angels in hastening this work. I can't believe that our Heavenly Father, through a prophet, has entrusted me to serve my brothers and sisters in Louisiana and that I get to be a representative of my brother, Jesus Christ. I love, wow … I LOVE being a missionary!
I found a really interesting video on lds.org about the new age of missionary work and the 1964 World’s Fair in New York http://www.lds.org/prophets-and-apostles/unto-all-the-world/a-new-era-of-missionary-work?lang=eng. It shows how missionary work has progressed. Watch it!
Alright y’all ... last P-day we went to the GATOR FARM! It was so much fun! Can you believe that I am rollin’ around in the mud, and well, being OK with it?!?! Some days I can’t believe it! Sure can't!!!
So many incredible things happened this week! Let me touch on a few real quick:
![]() |
| You Go Sista! |
Last week, I shared how one of our investigators came to church for the first time. It was wonderful and we have been giddy all week witnessing the progress he is making. We taught him another lesson and watched the Restoration video with him. Sis L and I shared that the reason we get so excited is because we can see the changes he is making in his life and how the Gospel will bring him more joy. He is reading the BOM and praying to know its’ truth. We were prompted to invite him to be baptized and he replied YES!
This week I studied a talk found in the 2007 Ensign about LAUGHTER! I was intrigued by the subject and studied more to see what I could learn from the scriptures.
I started with a scripture in 2 Nephi 2:25:
"Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have JOY."
Then, Proverbs 17:22
"A merry heart doeth good like medicine."
Then, D&C 93:33
"For man is spirit. The elements of are eternal and spirit and element, inseparably connected, receive a fullness of JOY."
Then, Mosiah 24:15
"And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit CHEERFULLY and with patience to all the will of the Lord."
And last, D&C 59:15
"And inasmuch as ye do these things with thanksgiving, with cheerful hearts and countenances ... with a glad heart and a CHEERFUL countenance ... the fullness of the earth is yours."

I don't know why I forget sometimes, but all God wants for His children is for them to be HAPPY and by filling our lives with the Light of Christ, the gospel, love, charity and cheerfulness, we do just that – we become HAPPY. It is so important to be happy and have a good attitude.
Multiple studies show that “successful” missionaries (and all people!) share the same attribute: a very positive and energetic ATTITUDE. The way we think has so much POWER! We need to choose to think positive and faith-filled things and we will find that positive things will occur around us.
Love y’all to the moon and back!
Sister Lloyd
![]() |
| Never would have happened pre-mission! |



No comments:
Post a Comment