Something happened this week that deepened my understanding of Heavenly Father's awareness and love for me. Deciding to serve a full-time mission is a big deal. Each of us has our own obstacles to overcome and personal experiences that guide us and confirm that we are on the right path. It may seem like a little thing, but in response to my request for a leave of absence from the Music Department, the Department Chair sent me an email that basically said, "BRAVO Ms. Lloyd!" He said that although he is not LDS, he supports my decision and said it will be a great life-enhancing experience. He said that he served several "short" humanitarian missions when he was a young man and it was tremendous. He offered some great suggestions for sneaking in some practice time and offered to contact my "Mission Director" to see if I could play whenever possible! I don't know why, but this support, from a person I don't know and who is not of our faith, meant so much. I immediately thanked Heavenly Father for this confirmation that He loves me and is blessing me. Even though I will miss my piano, I know that my life will be filled with something much more important.


No comments:
Post a Comment