The Sound Must Go Forth

" ... the sound must go forth from this place into all the world, and unto the uttermost parts of the earth—the gospel must be apreached unto every creature, with bsigns following them that believe." - D&C 58:64

Thursday, May 23, 2013

SO LONG, FAREWELL ...

Sunday, May 19, 2013 - The day that instead of accompanying someone in church, I spoke -- for 20 L O N G minutes!  My mouth felt like cotton and I was fighting tears the whole time. I couldn't believe how many of my friends and family came to support me. I am SO EXCITED AND READY TO SERVE THE LORD!!!

The most important thing I wanted people to understand is that God knows and loves each of us and will provide a way for our happiness if we listen to and follow Him. I also learned through the past few months that Heavenly Father has been preparing me to serve a mission my entire life -- Primary, Sunday School, Seminary, Young Women's, friends from many backgrounds, family experiences, work, school -- it all adds to 20 years of preparation that I will take with me and add to.

I am so humbled. I am so blessed. I am so happy. I am so excited. I am so scared. I am a missionary and a representative of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints who's been called to serve in the Australia Sydney mission! I am a daughter of God who has been blessed with many gifts and talents that are meant to be strengthened and shared. Thirteen more days -- I can't wait!

















No comments:

Post a Comment