The Sound Must Go Forth

" ... the sound must go forth from this place into all the world, and unto the uttermost parts of the earth—the gospel must be apreached unto every creature, with bsigns following them that believe." - D&C 58:64

Monday, December 2, 2013

DREAMING OF A WHITE CHRISTMAS!


Hello BEAUTIFUL FAMILY!!!

"I'm ... dreaming ... of a WHITE CHRISTMAS!"

And no, not snow! Sorry, I don't miss that yet! I'm talking about a month full of people drawing closer to their Savior through the covenant of baptism! WHITE!?! GET IT? We thought we were so clever.

This past Fast Sunday we were asked to be prepared and to have the faith to find 5 new investigators each week. That’s an ambitious goal but President knows it can be done, and we will do it! Something that is said over and over here, is that we need to HAVE THE FAITH THAT WE CAN BAPTIZE!

First we fast and then we go out and find people. We have a zone goal to talk to 7 new people about the Gospel, each day;that's about 200 new people each month. It is so exciting!

We have a goal to baptize 2 people this month and I know we can because of the miracles and power of God. Please pray for us, okay? We have Y's baptism this Saturday – it is so wonderful! She is prepared and ready and a bonus is that her husband, a member who hasn’t been to church in a loooooong time, is now coming back. 

So ... yeah. They don't have crystal light here...
cricket.
cricket.
So… if you love me.... and I know you do... send some my way :) Yay!
Another funny phrase: 'muckin' around.
I did my first tim tam slam!! OH MY - DELISH!
A funny thing that happened while talking with people was getting the question: “Where’s your accent from?” uh, accent? ‘MERICA!
The food here is so fresh and delicious. Ah …  I am in heaven. Last night for dinner we had tomato salad, fish and sweet potato wedges.  All fresh. Heaven. 

I hope that y’all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I am so thankful for each of YOU!

Sometimes I feel a little lost in the sea of amazing missionaries, but I was reminded again (Heavenly Father is so patient with me) of how personally my Father loves me and desires joy and happiness for me and ALL of His children.  Sis B and I have been studying a lot about love and charity. I am so humbled by God's love for me, my companionship with my Sister, and for His love for all of His children. Thank goodness for a patient, forgiving, merciful God who showers me with so many blessings.
"Somewhere" in New South Wales!  
Another witness of God's love for me this week has been the breathtaking and beautiful landscape here. I just can't believe how beautiful and picturesque it is. I step outside and feel the warm sun, and delight in the rain and puddles we splash in while walking down the streets. I think that too often we are hurried and rushed so we don't notice all that God has given us to enjoy -- around us, above us, and under our feet. I know that God loves us because he gave us such a beautiful world. 

Here’s some Book of Mormon food for thought in 3 NE 2:

It strikes me in vs. 12-15 how, when the Lamanites and the Nephites were united and no longer seeking to kill each other, after that one act of righteousness, Heavenly Father blessed them immediately! It says in vs. 15 that "their curse was taken from them." Heavenly Father is just waiting for us to turn to Him so that he can bless us with those promised blessings. 

This morning as we were listening to E. Scott's past conference talk and a line stood out to me that said something like; Heavenly Father won't give us blessings until we have gone through the necessary trial or hardship to prove our faith and love for Him. I thought that seemed a bit harsh, but of course I now realized that Heavenly Father chastens us, pushes us and tries us  -- out of LOVE.  Just like my earthly parents, or even teachers - my piano teachers!! Would they be good teachers if they just let me stagnate and never progress? I may not know any different but they would, especially if they knew my potential and love for music.  They certainly would not accept mediocrity! It may seem harsh and unfair but that is why the Lord gives us trials and then WAITS to bless us and bless us in ways that we can't even comprehend!!!!
  
OK – I have said enough.
I love y’all so much.

I hope you know how grateful I am for you, and I hope that you have a wonderful week! Please pray for us and of course, I’m praying for all of you too!

Don’t miss me, I’ve got work to do!

sista lloyd

Daddy's Fave- Kookaburra Allsorts!
Yes Ma'am - diggin' into the Vegemite!


No comments:

Post a Comment