HELLO BEAUTIFUL FAMILY!!!
How has your week been?!?!! I’ve had a wonderful week. No surprise there!!! :)
I had the most wonderful birthday!! Oh my goodness. The people here took such good care of me - I was so touched. Can you believe this cake?!?!?!?! Our Bishop’s wife made it! Several called and sang to me; even Sister and President Howes. So sweet. Y’all are so wonderful!! I love you so!
My experience Teaching as Jesus Taught came after we had finished a lesson with a recent convert. We saw a lady running up the street to catch her dog. We ran after the dog and still a bit winded, introduced ourselves. We used the tools given in how to begin teaching and then explained baptism to her. Her reply was, “yeah, I need that- I need to get baptized.” Sister B and I were ecstatic! (It is always a little humorous when you find that ‘golden’ investigator and you have to keep calm!) We set up a chapel tour for last Friday, touched on the Plan on Salvation because she explained how her mother’s death was still greatly weighing on her, exchanged numbers and merrily skipped away! I could not believe the miracle we had just been blessed with! I instantly felt a love for this woman and was so excited to get to know her better. I could just imagine her joy when she came to know that she could be with her mother again.
Later that night as we were sharing miracles with our District Leader, we received a text from her that she was no longer interested and wouldn’t be ‘joining’ our church.
I’ll be honest, I was devastated. I couldn’t believe that after the exchange we had earlier, she wanted nothing more to do with us or the church. I learned a couple of lessons from the example of my Savior that day. I was able to see this woman as the Savior sees her; I saw her potential and what good the Gospel could add to her life. I also experienced sorrow and devastation when she chose not accept a source of joy. But the Spirit has assured me that this is His work, we did all that we could, and Heavenly Father's plan is perfect and will unfold in HIS time.
This morning, my prayers were answered while reading in Mormon 3:12. It reads, “I had loved them, according to the love of God which was in me, with all my heart; and my soul had been poured out in prayer unto my God all the day long for them; nevertheless, it was without faith, because of the hardness of their hearts.”
I hope to remember the things the Spirit taught me and teach and live by Mormon’s example in these chapters.
Earlier this week I finished reading 3 NE and realized how much God and my Savior love me and love all of Their children. I cannot comprehend it all, but the Spirit witnessed to me the greatness of God’s love. I was moved in these chapters as I could picture the Savior beckoning, smiling, teaching, healing, and weeping with and for these people, and I know that he does that today for all of us.
Sister B and I have been working on teaching in unity. We have practiced stopping randomly or only saying a sentence and then allowing the other person to continue. We should always be listening intently and praying for our companion as they are speaking. I learned that love FOR God is what ultimately brings unity. I remembered in my marriage prep class the example of THE triangle. You should always put God first and love Him more than your spouse. You should love God more than you love your earthly parents or siblings. When you have the Love of God, you are unified and connected through Him. And then the cycle continues. When you are unified, you bring more love.(3 NE 17:19) How does this apply to you? I challenge you to ponder what you can do to love more, purely love like the Savior. I challenge you! And read this chapter. Please.
What excites me the most about my personal growth on my mission has been developing my relationship with Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost. My favorite scripture has always been to “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart.” (Prov 3) Before my mission, I thought I was fairly patient, had ‘enough’ faith, and that I understood the role of the Holy Ghost. I know that I have been sent on my mission to be humbled. So far, “my” mission has not been anything like I ever planned or expected it to be. But I now have a greater understanding that “faith in God includes faith in His timing.”I truly am grateful for how much I have grown over the past 6 months. I also have a greater understanding and awareness that nothing is chance or punishment. Each trial is given as a gift for my good and for experience. I have tried to develop an attitude of “come what may and love it!” It is exciting to see and feel the Spirit working in my life and those we teach. Missions are amazing and exciting. Each day is an adventure and a chance for growth and progression. I am so blessed to have this sacred time in my life.
My goal is to finish the Book of Mormon before Christmas and then I am committed to reading it once a month for the rest of my mission.
Who's with me?!?!!?? We can all read a little more - especially at Christmas time, right? You’ve got nothing more important to do!!!!
HEY!!! One more week until Christmas!!!! Fa la la la la la la la la
Keep working hard and being awesome. I’m so grateful for you.
I love you to the moon and back!
Sister Lloyd
| Sis Lloyd's Neighborhood |
No comments:
Post a Comment