The Sound Must Go Forth

" ... the sound must go forth from this place into all the world, and unto the uttermost parts of the earth—the gospel must be apreached unto every creature, with bsigns following them that believe." - D&C 58:64

Monday, March 3, 2014

SYDNEY TO SINGAPORE!

Only 3,900 miles between Sydney and Singapore!
 HELLO BEAUTIFUL FAMILY!!!!!!!!

Best week eva!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So Tuesday night, we walk out of an appointment and see that President has called. Immediately my stomach drops ... we call him back and he says:

SISTER BENJAMIN AND SISTER LLOYD, I WOULD LIKE YOU TO BOTH TRAIN SOME BRAND NEW SISTERS AND BE THE TRAVELING SISTERS!!!!
IS THAT GOING TO WORK?
WE HAVE 2 SISTERS COMING IN FROM THE MTC IN THE MORNING. WE'LL SEE YOU IN SYDNEY TOMORROW TO PICK THEM UP.

Never mind the flat is tiny ... we will squish you all in, somehow.
So the days that you are traveling, the new Sisters will be companions and stay and work in the area. When you’re “home” you will train these new Sisters as their comps.
Gulp. What? Wooooew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My first baby!!!! 9 months into my mission! I didn’t even know I was expecting and I gave birth in about 20 hours. hahahahha
It has been a WILD WEEK! Sister B and I are trying to learn how to be mommies.

I have learned how to introduce myself as a missionary in Tongan:

purify your heart - fakama'a ho loto
exercise faith - ngaau'aki ae tui
keepp the commandments - tauhi e ngaahi fekau

 :) I LOVE IT!

Oh yeah. And on top of that:

my brother is going to SINGAPORE!!!!!!!!!!
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D
I started the Book of Mormon again this week too. This time I am reading through the lens of OBEDIENCE! Ya!

Okay, I’m running out of time. Here's my letta!

Ofa atu!

Teaching as Jesus taught came from teaching with my beautiful and wonderful new companion! I have been studying CH 7 in PMG with a totally different perspective.  Not only am I learning how to speak Tongan, and am trying to teach her English, I am trying to learn the language of the Spirit. In PMG it says, 

“There is one language that is common to each missionary- the language of the spirit.  It is not learned from textbooks written by men of letters, nor is it acquired through reading and memorization.  The language of the spirit comes to him who seeks with all his heart to know god and keep his divine commandments. Proficiency in this language permits one to breach barriers, overcome obstacles and touch the human heart.”

I love this quote- and it is more relevant to me now at this point in my mission than ever before! Because we are brand new companions, and her English isn’t perfect, I am now relying on the Spirit in a completely different way. 

Our investigator is going to be baptized this Friday! We both felt like we should go over the lessons with him to make sure he understands everything. I prayed fervently that we would both feel and teach by the Spirit and that A would be able to understand. Because our third companion was there, the lesson went beautifully and we were able to teach in unity. 

Like PMG says, I hope that we can have many experiences where we can “teach and testify successfully.” I am so proud of her! She taught the entire Plan of Salvation in English the second day here! I know it is because we have learned the importance of relying on the Spirit. It’s amazing because I have found when we are just talking or planning, communicating in English is difficult. But when we role play or teach, she is a perfect teacher because of the Spirit. 


My core experience with God this week is an accumulation of a couple events that have made me reflect on what missionary work means to me.
This week, even before I knew I was training, I wasn’t sleeping much because I was so excited for my little brother to get his mission call. The announcement after our meeting was a complete surprise and I was so overwhelmed with “incomprehensible joy” that I didn’t know what to say. I’m so proud of him -- words can’t begin to describe how much I love him and look up to him. 

Shortly after, we took our new companions back to our flat, assembled our new bunk beds, moved our suitcases into the corner, and sat down to plan for the day. I didn’t even have a second to think about everything that had happened in the last 24 hours!

As I started to pray, I started to weep. I think that I had been holding it in for so long, and the events of the day--my brother’s call and my beautiful new companion, overwhelmed me with humility and gratitude.I am so blessed. Whenever I feel as though I have something under control, the Lord immediately jerks and pushes me out of my comfort zone! But I am so grateful for that. It makes me excited and ready to learn what the Lord has in store for me at this time.

Sis K is so humble, loving and obedient.She has given up everything she has to be here. And I mean everything. My sacrifices seem so minute. And she is ready and willing to do anything and everything to preach the gospel. How wonderful it is to be reminded of that level of consecration. 

Recognizing my brother’s strengths, weaknesses, what his fears might be and learning what he is excited about pulls me to my knees in gratitude. My mission has meant so much to me and I am so, so happy that he gets to experience it, as well as Sister K as they start this journey that will change them forever.

I am reminded of a scripture in 2 NE 33. It reads:

“For I pray continually for them by day and mine eyes water my pillow by night, because of them; and I cry unto my God in faith and I know that he will hear my cry. And I know that the Lord God will consecrate my prayers for the gain of my people. And the words which I have written in weakness will be made strong unto them…”


I love y'all to the moon and back!
Remember, just keep swimming....
Over to you!
Your Sister Lloyd

It's NOT Crystal Light!
Sister Lloyd's favorite dinner






No comments:

Post a Comment