The Sound Must Go Forth

" ... the sound must go forth from this place into all the world, and unto the uttermost parts of the earth—the gospel must be apreached unto every creature, with bsigns following them that believe." - D&C 58:64

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

BANISHING BREAKING POINTS


Sunrise at lake near our flat
Ello Beautiful Family!

Just so you know …
I hopped a fence,
busted a lock,
broke into the church,
set off the alarm,
ran around the chapel and
fell to the ground in hysterical laughter -
ALL JUST TO EMAIL YOU TODAY!
(You can decide which of these are actually true!)
But really.
How are you family?
I hope that you had a beautiful Easter!
OK. I have zero time today, so here's my letta.
I loooooovvvee you.

My core experience with God this week came from an experience on exchanges. We planned to do some finding at Charlestown Square and as soon as we got there, Sister C says, "We'll meet back here in an hour! Bye bye!" I looked at her and realized I had never done street contacting with this many people before! As her leader, I had to show courage and start talking with people. I love talking to people but this was completely out of my comfort zone. I remembered the advice Elder R gave that whenever we talk with people, we should consider them our friends -- our brothers and sisters. This perspective has completely changed my outlook on finding. I had an incredible experience teaching and finding that day. I had never taught by myself and although it was challenging, it was incredible. I love that the Lord continues to push and pull me to help me better serve His children. 

Street contacting seemed to be a theme for this week! I’d never done so much street contacting with so many people, but everyone was on holiday and running around because of Easter. I also had so many opportunities to try and speak and teach in Chinese! It was an amazing experience to speak in English and then have the Sisters translate what I said. I absolutely loved it. The Lord definitely taught me some new lessons this week!

While with Sister W, we arrived at the bus station about 3 minutes before our bus was schedule to arrive. As I walked by this man, the Spirit clearly spoke to me to go back and talk to him. I ignored the prompting with an excuse that our bus would arrive any second.  Again, the Spirit told me to turn around and go and talk with him so, I went back and sat down by him. At first, he was polite, but wasn't interested at all. I started talking to him, and learned that  his mother had been in prison most of his life. He wept as he unfolded his life story to me. I testified of the plan of salvation and planted a seed of hope. I looked at my watch and 20 minutes had passed. The bus soon arrived and when I asked the driver about the time, he said he was sorry he was running behind that day. Amazing.

Teaching as Jesus taught came after an appointment with one of our investigators. It was almost dinner time and we hadn't had lunch yet, so we started walking home. As we were walking on the busiest road in our city, I saw two young girls sitting by the side of the road. Sister K and I were both hungry and going back was out of our way, but the Spirit told me that we needed to go back. We walked up and started talking. These two beautiful young girls were so happy to meet us and learn about what we believe – they were immediately open to our words. We taught them about the plan of salvation and then asked if we could say a prayer with them before we left. They happily agreed, and asked us if we could teach them how to pray, because they had never done it before. The four of us knelt on the side of the highway as we taught these girls that they were daughters of God, and offered a prayer together. It was a beautiful moment that I will never forget. Kneeling in broken glass and gravel, we taught such a simple yet vital truth to these girls. We set up an appointment for last night when they both committed to be baptized on May 10th!!

What has brought me the greatest joy on my mission is witnessing change in others. I am brought to tears every time I realize that by the power of the Holy Ghost, others have developed a relationship with Jesus Christ. It is witnessing that moment when you can see in their eyes that everything "clicks" and they remember the love that Heavenly Father has for them, and their divine potential. 

I know that the relationship I have with Jesus Christ and my Heavenly Father is stronger and more personal than it ever has been in my life. I know that because of the relationship and the reliance that I have on Him that I am stronger in every way – emotionally, physically, spiritually. I have been blessed with the strength to do His will, even when it is seemingly difficult.

I realized this week how perfectly God prepares us for the trials that he has tailored for our missions and for our lives. Something that I have been working on as a part of my 40-day fast is banishing my breaking points.”  I’ve felt prompted to work on pushing through these hard points because I needed that strength when I learned about my Daddy’s health.

Bedtime prayers 
Unfortunately [or fortunately?] on missions, I think we all have our "breaking points." There are things that we either consciously or subconsciously decide early on that will make or break a day, perhaps something that will send us home, or cause us to become impatient with someone. I have been working and fasting and praying so I could rid myself of any of these natural behaviors or barriers. I know that because I have been working on this, the news about my Dad came easily to me. I have complete peace and faith that everything will be okay.

Faith-filled service is something I pray we can all understand. I received a blessing from Elder J this week, and he promised me that as I continue my faith-filled service, that my family will be well.  When we have faith in Jesus Christ, it doesn't necessarily mean that  things will turn out the way I want or expect them to. When we have faith in Jesus Christ, it means that we will be accepting and at peace, regardless of the outcome.  We must remember the "But if Not" talk.  But if not, my faith will NOT be hindered. 

In the moment that President told me about my Dad, I was blessed with charity and understanding and also the patience that everything will be well. I was told that as I endure with faith, I will become more like the Saviour. I’ve been promised through the Spirit, that I will be able to work through the Spirit better than I ever have, which is such a beautiful blessing to me, because I know this is how I can help my brothers and sisters here in Australia and my family back home. I pray that I can become a greater advocate for all whom I serve. 

Alma 26 reads:
 27 Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success.
 28 And now behold, we have come, and been forth amongst them; and we have been patient in our sufferings, and we have suffered every privation; yea, we have traveled from house to house, relying upon the mercies of the world—not upon the mercies of the world alone but upon the mercies of God.

Pulled over to capture this glorious sunset! 
The counsel the Lord gives these missionaries is to bear with patience our afflictions. I know that by developing the attributes of the Saviour, particularly patience and being submissive, that we will be able to endure and actually enjoy the trials with which the Lord blesses us.

I know that the Lord is aware of me and my family. I know that when I weep, He weeps with me. I know that He gives us these perfect, tailor-made trials so that we can be strengthened and develop what we need to be worthy to enter into His kingdom where we will enjoy eternal life and exaltation. I know that to become a celestial family, we must be grateful IN our present circumstances and continue pressing forward in faith. 

I LOVE Y’ALL TO THE MOON AND BACK.
JUST KEEP SWIMMING MY LOVELY LITTLE FISHIES.
SHE'LL BE 'RIGHT MATE!;)
Sleep on floors more than in our "own" beds! Snug as a bug ...



No comments:

Post a Comment