| Glorious sun breaking through clouds - looking over church rooftop |
Ello Beautiful Family!
This week has not only been the best week of my
mission, but probably the best week of my entire life!
I know that I have said this before, but it REALLY
has been wonderful. This letter focuses on the miracles that
have blessed me and helped me understand the many ways the Lord is mindful of
me and all of His children.
One day last week, we decided to fast together as
Sisters for the people in our area and I also included my family. This day
turned out to be very rocky with all appointments falling through and everything seeming to go wrong. Luckily, we were blessed with the understanding that right
before wonderful things happen, Satan always tries to get us down. A quote
my Grandmother always says to me is,
“Don’t let that old serpent get you down!”
So that’s what we kept repeating to each other that day, and the next day. And
wow, the blessings of heaven started pouring down!
A young woman who has been investigating the church
for 6 years called us and said she finally had permission to be baptized -- this Saturday! We have been teaching
her since I arrived in November, and I have never prayed for a heart
to be softened more in my life. I am so grateful that she can partake of all the blessings that come from entering the waters of baptism and
receiving the Holy Ghost. Also, another man we met several months ago, is getting
baptized! I can’t believe the change that I have witnessed in this great
man.
And ... the best news ever ... my Daddy is free from
his cancer! God is incredible and loves us so much. I can now bear an
even more personal testimony of the power of prayer, fasting, reliance on God, the Plan of Salvation ... the list goes on and on because of this personal experience.
The list of miracles keeps going! We now
have more than 10 people with baptismal dates and everyone we invited this last
week said yes!
One last miracle, the brothers we have been teaching
since I got here, came to church this week! I know, it was Mother’s Day, but I
have never been happier.
They are great guys with wonderful parents and I
love their family. I want them to know how much happiness the simple
act of coming to Sacrament brought me. I have never been happier in my
life experiencing and witnessing the fruits of the Spirit and simple acts of obedience to God's commandments.
After witnessing all of these miracles, I have
pondered on what the Lord now wants me to do. As I was reading in Acts, I
realized what we need to do! We know that the book of Acts describes what
happens after the disciples have walked side by side with the Saviour and
witnessed the miracles he performed, including the Atonement. After he
left the earth, it was their turn to go out and be instruments in the Lord’s
hands so that others could partake of the blessings of the Gospel.
In Acts 1:8 we read:
But ye shall receive power, after that the
Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in
Jerusalem, and in all Judæa, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the
earth.
Family, now that we have witnessed these miracles
and have been abundantly and infinitely blessed, it is our turn to share this
same happiness with others. It is our duty and calling to share our
testimonies and work harder and be more sanctified than ever before. I pray
that we will implement these scriptures.
I don't know where to start in describing the wonderfulness of my new companion The trait that I admire in her and would
love to emulate is
P A T I E N C E. In the training conference today, I received revelation that I need to be more patient and long suffering in order to better understand the gospel and be more like my Saviour.
P A T I E N C E. In the training conference today, I received revelation that I need to be more patient and long suffering in order to better understand the gospel and be more like my Saviour.
In Alma
17:11 we read:
And the Lord said unto them also: Go forth
among the Lamanites, thy brethren, and establish my word; yet ye shall be
patient in long-suffering and afflictions, that ye may show forth good examples
unto them in me, and I will make an instrument of thee in my hands unto the
salvation of many souls.
Sister M is such an incredible example to me
of patience. She’s not only patient with me, the other Sisters and the people
we are teaching, but she’s also patient and long suffering with the challenges
of being a missionary. From her example, I have realized that I need to
slow down ... a lot. I have felt a bit of stress and pressure with this leadership
responsibility and I love to go, go, go and work, work, work. I need to
I cannot adequately express how happy I am, and
how enthused I am about serving the Lord at this time. I will do everything I can to work harder and more diligently so that
I too, like the Apostles, can share everything that I have been blessed with -- with my family, my companions, the Sisters
and our area.
I love this work!
I LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK.
YOUR ONE AND ONLY,
SISTA LLOYD
No comments:
Post a Comment