The Sound Must Go Forth

" ... the sound must go forth from this place into all the world, and unto the uttermost parts of the earth—the gospel must be apreached unto every creature, with bsigns following them that believe." - D&C 58:64

Thursday, May 22, 2014

SO MUCH LOVE!

Conference with Elder and Sister Halek - the Newcastle Zone
Ello Beautiful Family!

How are you? Again, so wonderful to talk to you last week. I am still replaying your voices in my head and the closing prayer you gave Trevor. Thank you; I love you.

We were so blessed to witness the baptism of K this week. Words cannot express how much I love her. She faced so much opposition with her decision to be baptized, and finally, she gets to receive all the blessings of being baptized and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost!
I hugged her in a towel as she came out of the font and just wept. She has been waiting for this for so long, and we just cried and laughed because it was such a joyful moment. I am so happy for her! I am so grateful that I am still serving here to witness these miracles with the people we have been teaching since I first arrived in November.  WOW!
Teaching as Jesus taught came from an experience we had on exchanges in Medowie. Sister M and I received a referral from one of their investigators, and all he knew was the street name. So, we headed over there and asked Heavenly Father to lead us to the house where the message of the restored gospel needed to be heard. We found the man’s house that we were sent to, but along the way, we met the most prepared woman. At first, she was not interested. She was busy and clearly stated that she didn’t believe in God, and that we were wasting her time. I said a silent prayer that we could learn what her concerns were, and through inspired questions directed by the spirit, she opened up to us and voiced her true concerns. We shared a Book of Mormon with her and testified to her, that through this book, she could find an answer to any question she has. We testified of the power and peace that comes from reading this book. 
She paused for a moment and looked at us with longing, tear-filled eyes, and asked, “You promise that I will find answers in this book?” It was so powerful. I know that Jesus Christ not only preached by the way to direct us to those who really needed Him, but also helped us to stop, slow down, and not give up when we were faced with opposition. Jesus would have stopped and listened with love to learn what His daughter really needed that day.
Sister K extended a baptismal invitation to one of our investigators this week. We met this man a couple of weeks ago, and after learning about his situation, and how desperate he is for peace and hope in this life, invited him to be baptized. We promised him that he could start fresh, be born again, and receive all the blessings that were waiting for him. He accepted the invitation, and we asked him to pray to know if the things we were teaching were true. He then replied, “I will, but I already know it is true. I can feel it inside. I have never felt happier.”  God does prepare his children to receive the gospel when we, as His missionaries, love His children and are obedient. Not only are the people we meet more prepared and willing to make changes in their lives, but the teaching process has been much more transformational recently. 
The statement that stood out to me the most from the conference with Elder Haleck was, “If we want to lead, and lead well, we have to lead from the front and lead by example.”
This statement is so powerful, as these last couple of transfers I have tried to do everything I can to be a Christ-like leader. 
After an exhausting day this week, I fell to my knees and started talking  with Heavenly Father. I don’t think I realized my feelings until I started sharing my heart. I had the strongest witness that He was there, and that He was listening to me. It was such a tender moment. I didn’t realize it until then, that I have had some stress building up because I put a lot of pressure on myself, and I feel so blessed that the Lord has refined me and blessed me with the awakening of free obedience. The Spirit witnessed to me during my prayers that the Lord is pleased with how hard I am trying, and that I am doing the right thing. I felt such an overwhelming love rush over me; a love that propels me to work harder, and love more sincerely. Just like Sister Howes shared in Isaiah 53:6, we have all gone astray and need the Lord’s help and the strength that comes from the Atonement. 
In my studies this morning, I read Mosiah 26:19-21 which states:
 19 And because thou hast inquired of me concerning the transgressor, thou art blessed.
 20 Thou art my servant; and I covenant with thee that thou shalt have eternal life; and thou shalt serve me and go forth in my name, and shalt gather together my sheep.
 21 And he that will hear my voice shall be my sheep; and him shall ye receive into the church, and him will I also receive.
Finally, it's Fall!
I know that I am blessed, and we are blessed as we pray for those who we are serving and want to help. I have come closer to the Saviour than ever before, and have been refined as I try my hardest to sanctify myself so that I can be an example to others. 
I LOVE YOU to the moon and back!!! **C* (that's supposed to be a moon and stars :)

No comments:

Post a Comment