The Sound Must Go Forth

" ... the sound must go forth from this place into all the world, and unto the uttermost parts of the earth—the gospel must be apreached unto every creature, with bsigns following them that believe." - D&C 58:64

Friday, July 25, 2014

Elder and Sister Lloyd

Angel Moroni of Sydney Temple
ELLO BEAUTIFUL FAMILY!!!!

OH TREV.

WHERE TO BEGIN?

SO PROUD OF YOU BABY BRO!!!! YOU ARE A MISSIONARY! 

I think that I will just not talk about it too much. You know how I feel, and I’m trying to stay focused. There's nowhere else I’d rather us both be. You know that. But … ya. Love you heaps.

MMMM … I HAD HOMEMADE CAFE RIO THIS WEEK – INCLUDING THE TORTILLAS (NO TORTILLAS IN AU)! I WAS IN HEAVEN!

Saying Goodbye at MTC June 2013
Also had my first experience with rugby this week. Everyone here plays sport ... Manly is a very touristy sporty area so everyone is always flat out with sport and footy. We have been trying to contact an investigator and she said that we could meet her at her son's game. We obviously didn't “watch” the game, but I learned some of the rules, and it was neat to have a peek! It’s so different than football. It reminded me of all the freezing cold, snowy mornings we went and watched our little squirts run around the football field AND we got to teach an awesome lesson to her on the sidelines. Miracles.

Here are just a few miracles that we had this week! 
We met an amazing investigator this week. He stopped US on the street, and told us that he was looking to learn more about Christianity. During our first lesson he asked us, “What do you expect from me? And what can I expect to learn from you?” How to start teaching fell right into our lap. We invited him to be baptized, and he replied, yes!  
My entire mission, I have had the desire to baptize a family and sit with them as we watch conference together. I only have one more conference, so we need to work really hard to find a family!
Yesterday, we received a phone call from a man. We had stopped by his house about two weeks ago and left a note and a phone number as no one was home. He said to us, “Hi, my name is S. I am inactive, and want to get my life back on track.  I have an 11-year-old daughter who needs the gospel and needs to be baptized.  Can we meet this week so you can start teaching her?” MIRACLES!
One of our investigators, C, is incredible. Every commitment we leave with her, she immediately promises to do – AND DOES IT! We introduced the Book of Mormon this week and left a passage for her to read in Chinese. We went back the next day to see how it went. She said, “I don’t know what it is, but I feel so strongly about this book! I kept looking at it on the table and was so drawn to it. I feel so warm and good when I read it. I know that it is God’s word.”  Incredible! The miracles just keep pouring upon us! 
Have I mentioned that I love being a missionary? 
Teaching as Jesus taught came from a lesson with a couple of our investigators. Our goal this week was to make sure that we testified of Jesus Christ in every lesson. We showed a Mormon Message on the Saviour. The Spirit was incredibly strong, bringing several to tears. I am so grateful for the spirit that comes when we testify of Jesus Christ.
My core experience this week came when an Elder was set apart as a full-time missionary. We went to the family’s home for coordination meeting, and when we walked in the door, Pres. Hamilton was standing there waiting to set apart E! They had a last minute change of plans so we got to be there during the blessing. My little brother is leaving on his mission this week, and as we were all gathered together as friends and family, the spirit was so strong in the room. As we bowed our heads, I just wept, realizing what a tender mercy the Lord was giving me to sit in on this setting apart. I realized that because I couldn’t be there when my best friend and little brother was set apart, the Lord placed there with E.
It reminded me of a scripture I read earlier this week in Isaiah 63:
 7 ¶I will mention the loving kindnesses of the Lord, and the praises of the Lord, according to all that the Lord hath bestowed on us, and the great goodness toward the house of Israel, which he hath bestowed on them according to his mercies, and according to the multitude of his loving kindnesses.
 8 For he said, Surely they are my people, children that will not lie: so he was their Saviour.
 9 In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old.
I know that the Lord will take care of us, and bless us and challenge us with the things that we need in order to become refined and sanctified messengers. I know that we need not fear, or doubt the Lord, but trust that everything is in His hands. As I do my best to apply this, I do not feel discouraged, overwhelmed or unhappy.  When we trust the Lord, we feel His love and we feel of His spirit which bring us joy!
Elder Packer says, sometimes we must, “Learn to walk to the edge of the light.”
We must take steps of faith; sometimes stepping completely out of our comfort zone and our present knowledge.  Then will we receive guidance as we continue on His path.
I know that some tears MIGHT be shed this week sweet family. Let’s just keep our minds focused and have an eternal perspective. We've gone a year without each other. And remember, there is no greater purpose and work we could be doing right now.

Let us remain in a state of gratitude.


I LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK.

No comments:

Post a Comment