CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? ANOTHER LLOYD IS HITTING THE GROUND. SOON. HOW CAN YOU NOT BE SO EXCITED FOR HIM?
I love you so much Elder Lloyd! I CANNOT wait to start hearing about your experiences! Ah!
So, this week, as a part of our zone training, President trained us on developing our life vision and we studied our Patriarchal Blessings. I am so grateful for this sacred document.
Incredible week. Again!
I know, I know.
| YW called to serve in Singapore! |
Teaching as Jesus taught came from an experience we had teaching on the beach. We met a woman from Malaysia and Singapore! I told her that in a few weeks my brother would be doing the same thing as me in her country. We taught her a powerful lesson about the plan of salvation while we sat with her next to the ocean. We discussed after, how sweet it was of her to talk with me about her country so that I could share with my brother. I learned from her that even when we don’t know people, we can show compassion and genuine love for everyone we meet.
We had dinner with an incredible family, and shared a lesson about hastening the work using social media. As we sat around the dinner table holding family home evening, I realized that one of the reasons I have been sent on my mission is so that I can learn how to pattern my future family. I am so grateful for the beautiful and courageous families I have met while serving who set an example of living the Gospel.
We had a miracle with one of our investigators who I have grown to love so much! She is from China and is studying in AU. We met on the bus and offered to help her with one of her English papers. We taught her a lesson using mormon.org, and were able to go back and forth between the two languages. I am so grateful for the Church websites! They answer every question our investigators have. She then offered us a cup of tea, and I explained that we don’t drink tea. We looked up on the church website about the Word of Wisdom, and she replied, “So you say, if I live the Word of Wisdom, I will have more strength, self control, health and knowledge?” We smiled and said, "yes"! She promised right then to live the word of wisdom.
We had an amazing opportunity to have the “mini missionaries” (teens preparing for missions spend a few days with the full-time missionaries) with us this weekend. It was so incredible to testify along with these sisters, who weren’t set apart as full-time missionaries, yet have the most powerful spirits and testimonies. I learned so much from them over the 3 days we were together. I was so touched with the sacrifices they have made to live clean and pure lives in order to represent the Lord, with or without a name tag.
It was also a time to reflect on my personal growth in the mission. At times, they would start singing pop songs, or mention a cute boy on the side of the road, and immediately the flags would go up. It made me realize how much my nature has changed, especially over the last 8 months or so. I know that one day [sooner than I want!] I will return to "the world," but I am so grateful for how my sensitivity to the spirit has become refined.
My goal this week, and most of this transfer, has been to be more understanding of others’ differences. I have tried to develop patience and love from the perspective of our Saviour.
I was prompted to study a passage in Moses 6:31-39 this week. It reads in part:
31 And when Enoch had heard these words, he bowed himself to the earth, before the Lord, and spake before the Lord, saying: Why is it that I have found favor in thy sight, and am but a lad, and all the people hate me; for I am slow of speech; wherefore am I thy servant?
32 And the Lord said unto Enoch: Go forth and do as I have commanded thee, and no man shall pierce thee. Open thy mouth, and it shall be filled, and I will give thee utterance, for all flesh is in my hands, and I will do as seemeth me good.
33 Say unto this people: Choose ye this day, to serve the Lord God who made you ...
38 And they came forth to hear him, upon the high places, saying unto the tent-keepers: Tarry ye here and keep the tents, while we go yonder to behold the seer, for he prophesieth, and there is a strange thing in the land; a wild man hath come among us.
39 And it came to pass when they heard him, no man laid hands on him; for fear came on all them that heard him; for he walked with God.
I love this passage of scripture. As I was preparing for our zone training, the words, “that my eyes needed to be opened to their understanding” kept coming to mind. I must be mindful of our differences and love and respect all.
I opened my scriptures, and the first verse I read was in DC 31:
Thomas, my son, [Sister Lloyd, my daughter] blessed are you because of your faith in my work.
I could hear the Lord speaking those words directly to me. I know that the Lord is pleased with what SP and I have been trying so hard to do. I have faith that miracles happen every day, and I have faith in this work. I know that this work is our Heavenly Father’s work, and that is why I do not need to be discouraged. I know that I can feel at peace knowing that we're doing everything possible, and that a seeds have been planted.
SP and I had great faith that because so many things had dropped on us this week, that a miracle was surely around the corner! And ... we found out we were right! While we were out on Saturday, almost every person we talked to asked US if they could come to church with us! We were so excited! We called our members and arranged rides, and planned out bus schedules for about 6 solid investigators. Did I mention we were excited?
Sunday morning came, and not a single person came to church! I couldn’t believe it. But, we shrugged our shoulders, and asked each other, “Now what do we do? What can we do to be moving forward?” Our faith has not been hindered. I am so grateful for my companion, we are each other’s "other half." We keep each other happy, moving forward, and not being bogged down by what might happen in the course of a few hours.
I would like to add my testimony to Paul’s when he says,
“If God be for us, who can be against us?”
I know that the Lord uses very imperfect instruments to accomplish this glorious work, and I know that the Lord can and has revealed every step that we need to take to help His children. I know that when we are “fighting” with Him, miracles will flow into our lives.
LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK.
AND TO THE BEACH ... AND UNDER THE BRIDGE ... AROUND NORTHHEAD…UP TO SINGAPORE ...ACROSS TO THE MTC ...AND BACK!!
| Baulkham Hills & Harbour Zones |
No comments:
Post a Comment