ELLO BEAUTIFUL FAMILY! HI HI HI!!! NI HAO!
HOW WAS YOUR WEEK? MINE WAS AMAZING!! Went by sooo fast.
It was sooo rainy this week in Manly - sounds like it was the same in Bountiful! I can't believe that I’m saying this, but I can't wait for summer! I am just too cold and shivering all the time. Bring on the sunshine!
I can feel my roots growing deeper and deeper in this area. I have really grown to love these great people, and I just love our Ward. We had an incredible Ward council yesterday starting with one of the videos from Hastening the Work.
I love you family! Sounds like things are getting exciting with football, and Elder Lloyd is fallin' into the groove of things at the MTC. So blessed to have such an amazing family. Thank you for all of the love and support you continually show me.
I am so grateful for all of the blessings that we are seeing here in Manly. There are so many prepared people waiting for us to meet them, and we have truly seen the Lord guiding us this week and filling our mouths.
Sis P and I have also decided that for the rest of the transfer, we really want to work on our listening skills- to each other, to the people we are teaching, and especially to the spirit. We want to prove the Lord's promise that if we listen with love, we need never wonder what to say. Because of that, we set 2 baptismal dates this week for the month of September! It was incredible, because the spirit flowed and touched their hearts. We resolved so many of their concerns and addressed them with the invitation to follow the Saviour. So exciting! The work really is hastening in this area.
Another unconventional miracle- our baptismal date who came to church last week said after our lesson on Saturday that he would pray to know the truth, and that he wanted to go back to his former church this Sunday so that he could know for sure where to go. We did every thing we could to prepare him, and make sure he understood our doctrine and the fruits of the spirit, but he felt like he needed to go. Sunday afternoon we called him to ask how church was. His response; "Yeah, funny thing! I actually didn't end up going! I slept through my alarm, and so I wasn't able to make it. I guess that I will come back to your church next week!" Blessings in mysterious and wonderful ways!!
This week, we felt prompted to follow up with another man we met the first day we arrived in this area. When we first met, he said he didn't want to change and wasn't interested. We called him this week, and he said that he read the material, and he has been thinking about us ever since. He didn't think that we would remember him! He asked if we could meet the next day. We had a transformational lesson with him. He said has been sincerely searching for the truth his entire life. It reminded me of the story in PMG. It's kind of long so here's the link (read it)! Preach My Gospel Ch 9
My core experience with God this week came from a lesson that we had with our newest friend. I love this young woman so much! Earlier in the week we had dinner at the H’s home where Bro H shared a poem that he wrote about remembering the Saviour. We must always remember the Atonement of Jesus Christ in our lives; in our prayers, in our actions, and especially in our teaching. Teaching M was amazing because last week, she didn't even believe that there was a God, and now that she knows that He is there, she wants to do everything she can to build a relationship with Him. It's amazing how the much the Lord loves His children and plants in our hearts a remembrance of who we are and who we can become.
I have learned so much from my companion! I feel that scriptures can always say things much better than how I can express my feelings Here are two scriptures I feel exemplify what Sis P has taught me:
DC 11:22
22 But now hold your peace; study my word which hath gone forth among the children of men, and also study my word which shall come forth among the children of men, or that which is now translating, yea, until you have obtained all which I shall grant unto the children of men in this generation, and then shall all things be added thereto.
DC 78:18
18 And ye cannot bear all things now; nevertheless, be of good cheer, for I will lead you along. The kingdom is yours and the blessings thereof are yours, and the riches of eternity are yours.
Sis P has taught me that we must remember to "HOLD OUR PEACE" and also to remember that "YE CANNOT BEAR ALL THINGS NOW." We have put into practice almost hourly "All I have to do right now is ________." She has such a sensible, down-to-earth- head on her shoulders! She has taught me to be patient with myself, our investigators and the current circumstances. I know that there is always a balance of hard work, and realizing that much is out of our hands, and I pray that we will continue to find that balance.
I HOPE THAT YOU HAVE AN AMAZING WEEK! GIVE SISTER MCKINNON A HUGE CUDDLE FROM ME!
LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK. THROUGH RAIN OR SHINE!
Sista Lloyd
No comments:
Post a Comment