Welp. I am blessed to be serving my last six weeks in the same area with Sister N. I am so happy. I am starting to feel some unfamiliar emotions, though, (fear, sadness, a bit of panic) but I’m told it’s normal. I’m going to try and look forward, continuing to serve with all that I have. I am happy to be coming home, but be gentle with my weirdness while I try to find my center, OK? Truth is, I don’t want to think about leaving these beautiful people and this work.
My core experience with God this week during a lesson with an amazing family. We both had separate yet similar personal revelations from the Spirit and it reminded us of how mindful the Lord is of our lives.
We also met the most incredible young man this week from Spain. We offered to teach him English, and he told us that he wanted to learn how to pray. We called him on Saturday night, and he said how excited he had been the entire week looking forward to church. Church was such a miracle -- we had our Primary presentation, and class after class, he wanted to stay and learn more. He told us that he loved it so much that he wanted to come every week! He told us how happy he felt there, and how loving the people were.
Afterwards, we taught him the Restoration and answered some of his questions; mainly about prayer. We taught him that we believe that our prayers come from the heart, which he expressed a sincere desire to do for himself. Tonight he's coming to Family Home Evening with a great family in our Ward!
| Lollies from Bountiful Neighbors - Love the Gardners Heaps! |
This week, I have been trying to understand revelation and the ways prayers are answered. The simple truth is that personal PRAYER IS THE key to conversion. We had an incredible week teaching one of our investigators including the gifts of the spirit and how to pray. We’ve emphasized that her personal spiritual growth is dependent on her keeping commitments and receiving a simple, but life changing witness for herself.
While with C, we were ordering at a Korean restaurant. I could tell that the young woman trying to take our orders was really struggling, and so while we were waiting for our food, I tried to talk with her. I asked her how many days she had been in Oz, and she held up her finger, “one day”! I couldn’t believe it. She was so sweet. I gave her one of our English class flyers, and she started crying and motioned to hug me. I tried my best to explain what we do as missionaries, and she just kept crying and telling me thank you. I was so touched, and so happy to call her ‘chin gu’ (friend). That small, small act of kindness and her sweet spirit made my entire day. As we walked away, Charlie said to us, "There an undeniable feeling whenever I am with you Sisters. I feel this burning, warm feeling in my chest, and I feel so happy!” “That’s the Spirit!”
I read a scripture in the Book of Mormon that provoked a lot of thoughts over the last week.
Alma 12 reads:
9 And now Alma began to expound these things unto him, saying: It is given unto many to know the mysteries of God; nevertheless they are laid under a strict command that they shall not impart only according to the portion of his word which he doth grant unto the children of men, according to the heed and diligence which they give unto him.
10 And therefore, he that will harden his heart, the same receiveth the lesser portion of the word; and he that will not harden his heart, to him is given the greater portion of the word, until it is given unto him to know the mysteries of God until he know them in full.
I know that God will give us line upon line the mysteries of heaven, and the revelation that we need for our families and for our lives. However, it is all dependent on our diligence and faith. I know that as a missionary, we must be completely dependent on the Spirit to govern everything that we do. This understanding is one of the biggest changes for me; it makes me reflect and hope that my family and friends realize the power of personal revelation.
![]() |
| A Special Sister Who, Along with her Mum and Family, are Angels! |
I testify of these principles, because I know for myself that they are true. I have experienced in my own life that God answers prayers, and provides us with comfort and revelation. How beautiful that truth is.
Elder Marcos A. Aidukaitis says:
“What a superb invitation by a prophet of the Lord...We are invited to test the word, we are given parameters, and we are told the outcome of the test if we follow the instructions. Thus the scriptures teach us that we can know the truth by observing its fruits or by experimenting with it personally, giving place for the word in our hearts and cultivating it like unto a seed.”
I echo that it truly is such an incredible invitation! To call upon God, and petition that the windows of heaven will be opened to help us know what to do to sanctify and align our lives with Him.
DC 8: 8 Therefore, doubt not, for it is the gift of God; and you shall hold it in your hands, and do marvelous works; and no power shall be able to take it away out of your hands, for it is the work of God.
I testify that this is the great and marvelous work of which the ancient and modern prophets testify. I testify that we have the ability to do marvelous works, not being compelled, or hindered in any way, when we have the power of God within us. The power comes from petitioning, and pleading, sincerely and full of faith to act on the answers we receive. This truth is life changing, but it will often come in the quiet moments after we say “amen.” It will come when we are standing in holy places. So, let us do everything we can to be ready, and be prepared.
I LOVE YOUS TO THE MOON AND BACK, AND BACK AGAIN!
SISTA LLOYD


No comments:
Post a Comment