What an incredible week it has been. I know that I keep saying this, but I can definitely say that it has been the best week of my mission. The last couple weeks have seemed like months because they have been so full of amazing things, and I feel like I still have so much time ahead. Of this I am so grateful.
I wish that I could adequately share my feelings about G's conversion and his beautiful baptism. At the very beginning of my mission, although I didn't understand the scriptures very well, I always loved the story of Enoch.
I decided that the "vision" that I had for my mission would be to, well, have a vision! I wanted to be able to understand and see people’s hearts and their potential, including myself.
In Moses 6 we read:
35 And the Lord spake unto
36 And he beheld the spirits
37 And it came to pass that
38 And they came forth to
39 And it came to pass when
I have learned so many things from this passage. I have learned that the mission, and walking with God, is centered on invitations. We cannot compel, but should love people and gently lead them into walking the way that God desires.
We also have to have complete faith and trust in the Lord, and what He has in store for us.
I have learned what it means to truly and deeply love God, and to love the Saviour and be purely motivated by that love for Him and His gospel -- despite the flaws or fears that we might have. I have learned that the things that truly matter are not things that we can see with our natural eyes; but the things that are most important, the core purpose and deep love, are seen by looking with spiritual eyes.
I have learned that goals and commitments propel us to accomplish infinitely more than if we were to do things our own way. I have learned that the Lord's promises are true, and that He will immediately bless us when we follow the promptings of the Spirit.
I have learned that there are "Zions" just waiting for us! We just have to walk with Him, sometimes, walk, and walk, and walk, but the promised land is waiting on the other side of our diligence.
The list could and will go on, but I felt like G's baptism captured the “vision” of my entire mission. For some people sitting in the congregation, it might have just been a spirit-filled service, but for me, it displayed and confirmed God's love and the guidance I have felt throughout my entire mission. It was an indescribable “gift” Heavenly Father gave me in an hour – to see the entire Plan of Salvation and His pure love and purpose.
I saw how how all of our diligence in trying our best had paid off. All of the sacrifices, meetings, lessons, appointments, prayers, fasting, no effort was wasted.
The baptism summarized all of our finding, tracting and phone calling. All of this appeared as I was blessed to see the most incredible young man get baptized.
A few months ago, I committed myself to make a difference in at least ONE more person’s life before I went home, and the Lord prepared G, this ward, and the man who baptized him. When we met G, it wasn't a "miraculous contact." Nothing out of the ordinary happened that day. But if we hadn't been diligent in following up, and continued to work hard, I don't know what would have happened.
G told us that when he first came into the chapel, he felt as though a huge window had blown open. He was in awe about how clear, bright and beautiful everything was. He was looking for purpose and direction, and suddenly, things all started fitting into place. There were little rays of sunlight, little cracks in the window through which he started to feel and love and want more.
I testify that the Lord will open our vision if we have the faith to pull the curtains and the faith to thank Him for His mercy, and to trust Him enough to direct our steps. I testify that God is love; and that everything that He has ever done for us, and will ever do for us, is because of His love. I know these things are true, because I finally know what it means to love purely.
And I love all of you
… to the moon and back!
your servant,
sista lloyd
No comments:
Post a Comment