The Sound Must Go Forth

" ... the sound must go forth from this place into all the world, and unto the uttermost parts of the earth—the gospel must be apreached unto every creature, with bsigns following them that believe." - D&C 58:64

Friday, November 14, 2014

THE POWER TO HEAL


Ello sweet family!

Two baptisms this week – PLEASE PRAY FOR THEM!

What an incredible week it has been!  I just cannot property convey the blessings that have come to Sister N and me in the last couple of weeks.

I have also seen some amazing promises fulfilled. Ever since being transferred into Manly, I have been trying to work on having an "understanding heart" corresponding with the blessings that I have been promised. Yesterday, while teaching a family, I felt this outpouring of love and enthusiasm and understanding. I always think to President’s example of thinking carefully about and consecrating every word that comes out of our mouths for the benefit of uplifting and consoling others.

My core experience with God came from the beginning of an outpouring of blessings that continued throughout the week. For the past couple of months, we have been teaching L, but he hasn't felt ready to commit to baptism. Last week we decided to read together, out loud, from the Book of Mormon. We had planned to weave baptism into the conversation, but we weren't planning on setting a date.

As we were teaching from Alma 32, the spirit prompted us both that he was ready. We invited him to follow Jesus Christ, and promised him that he was ready. He said that we were right and that he wanted to be baptized this week!  This is was an incredible miracle!  He is getting baptized!  

Teaching as Jesus taught came from some powerful experiences of having the Spirit work through us to communicate the blessings and redemptive power of the Atonement to the people we are teaching.  There is a man we are teaching from Papua New Guinea.  He has such faith and such hope that he can change. We met with him this week  and read through the verses in Alma 36. 

 18 Now, as my mind caught hold upon this thought, I cried withinmy heart: O Jesus, thou Son of God, have mercy on me, who am inthe gall of bitterness, and am encircled about by the everlastingchains of death.
 19 And now, behold, when I thought this, I could remember mypains no more; yea, I was harrowed up by the memory of my sinsno more.
 20 And oh, what joy, and what marvelous light I did behold; yea,my soul was filled with joy as exceeding as was my pain!
The Gospel of Jesus Christ has the power to heal our scars, and unleash any chains that have been binding us. It is a promise of light and freedom and incomprehensible joy if we follow God's plan for us.
Yesterday in church, we noticed an unfamiliar face in the congregation. We went and spoke with this woman, and she said that she has been trying to find a church that will provide for her healing and happiness. She says that she has been waiting to be baptized for years, and now she feels this church has given her reason to take that step. The church is true! Ah!
G also accepted the invitation to be baptized this weekend!  We were watching the Restoration film, without a mention of baptism, and we all were crying when he blurts outs, "I want to be baptized. I know that it is what I need to do."  He said the most humble closing prayer, and I just have been in a state of gratitude for this young man, and how blessed SN and I have been to witness his conversion.  
I have been studying in Acts lately, and I have loved the perspective it has given me between the modern and ancient revelation on how to be a missionary forever!

It reads in DC 6: 

 4 Yea, whosoever will thrust in his sickle and reap, the same iscalled of God.
 5 Therefore, if you will ask of me you shall receive; if you will knock it shall be opened unto you.
 6 Now, as you have asked, behold, I say unto you, keep my commandments, and seek to bring forth and establish the cause ofZion; 

and also in Acts 2:

 37 ¶Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart,and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men andbrethren, what shall we do?
 38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every oneof you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and yeshall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
 39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to allthat are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
The Lord's promises are sure yesterday, today and forever.  This is His work of which we must all be a part and I feel incomprehensibly loved to be able to serve Him with all that I am for 3 more weeks wearing His name.
Love you to the moon and back -SISTA LLOYD 

No comments:

Post a Comment