The Sound Must Go Forth

" ... the sound must go forth from this place into all the world, and unto the uttermost parts of the earth—the gospel must be apreached unto every creature, with bsigns following them that believe." - D&C 58:64

Thursday, June 13, 2013

DON'T MISS ME; I HAVE WORK TO DO!


A condensed version of Sister Lloyd's second message/first email from the MTC:

June 13, 2013 

Hello beautiful family! 
Ok, first off, everyone says that when you sit down to write your first email you will be overwhelmed with so much to write and now I know what they mean! We are limited on time, so please excuse my grammar, punctuation and incomplete thoughts.

I would just like to start off with saying how much I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY! I can't believe it has only been a week. 

Sis M and I were called to be the sis training leaders (sister zone leaders) and we welcomed and toured the new district last night. Last night, as in our one week mark on the mission (we are seasoned veterans – haha).  The hastening of the work is happening and it is so wonderful and exciting!

I have received a lot of questions so before i run out of time here we go:
I never understood why people have said that a mission is hard. yeah, I understand that you have to leave your family, and it might be hard to leave your boyfriend. But that is NOT why it is hard! The only time that I have broken down in the last week is when we didn't feel the Spirit in our lesson with our investigators.  Once we are set apart, we understand a little more of the urgency and weight of the message that will bring our brothers’ and sisters’ souls to salvation.  THAT is why it's hard.  Because you want to do everything you can to help them come unto Christ. 

Obedience is imperative.  When you are having a rough day, it is such a relief to know that the reason you aren't helping investigators is because you are disobedient.  You must always be worthy to have the Spirit with you.  Plus, obedience brings blessings and blessings are nice (critical!) on missions! For you, your family, and the people you will teach.

Family, I LOVE YOU!

Because times can be hard, I have cried (only a little) when you have 18 hour days, and 6 hours of sleep, your eyes tend to be a little red! Plus allergies are killing me. Can i request some visine?

We received word last week that our visas haven’t been cleared.  Today, we received word that that haven't been able to process our re-assignment yet, so we are here AT LEAST another week.  We won't even know until next friday.  

I have THE BEST companion! I love sis m so much.  She has the strongest testimony and really is the sweetest person I have ever met.  sis m and i have grown so much in the last week it has been incredible. 

Thank you, THANK YOU so SO much for all the letters i have received.  Again, you do not understand what getting a letter does for your day.  All of my letters have come at the most perfect time. Just when i needed them! i love you all and will respond as soon as i can. please keep writing! dearelders are the best, especially when you send the email too so I can hold the paper in my hands. Xoxoxo

We get 5 gym days per week.  It has been such a blessing to blow off some steam and run.  my companion and i both love working out which also has been a blessing.  the first day we did burp-o-rama and i think i was sore for 3 days.  working out and then sitting for 12 hours doesn't make you feel very good! but i love that we get to work out.  and thank you best friend for the workouts! my whole district has been doing them with me.  i love having a schedule-  it makes things easier! Also, the cafeteria food is good! I don't know what people are talking about when they say they don't like it! little bros, get excited.

The first couple of nights, i didn't sleep well, but I am doing better now.  ear plugs will save your life.

grandma- thank you so much for the sweet letter. every time i look at my purple toes i think of you! cinnamon rolls would be AMAZING! we have 12 people in our district and i think they might die from a home cooked delicious treat. who knows how long i'll be here too!

I had the opportunity to play a musical number in the welcome devotional yesterday! it was amazing to be able to perform in front of thousands of missionaries.  also on sunday, my comp and i were able to play the piano for about 30 mins.  so many tender mercies!

We can't send pictures here- i'll figure something out.  I do NOT miss my phone! it is so, soooo nice to not have to worry about it!

My district! alright, I have the best district at the MTC. between the elders and the sisters we are going to spokane, perth and sydney.  they are such incredible examples to me and i have learned so much from them. i am learning that i am not as loud as i thought i was- i am working on being louder and not mumbling. 

I'm sorry, this email with the timer is going to give me a panic attack!!! Haha

Family and friends that I havent heard from, I love you so much.  pray for the people that we are teaching to be ready for our message.

We had the opportunity to go to the temple today on our p-day.  one of our elders, went through for the first time so we were able to go with him.  i have never appreciated the peace from the temple  more than today!

Can i request popcorn, or a little treat to share with my sisters? thank you for the treats already shared! between all of us they were gone in minutes haha. 

Llama and trevie, thank you so much for your example.  the following is for you and all those who are leaving on a mission (tay! and cade!):

I challenge you to get real about and strengthen your testimony.  and i will promise you right now, that a testimony is not enough to serve a mission.  i didn't understand that at first so let me explain. YOU have to know that no matter what happens, that YOU will believe in the gospel of Christ.  a mission, and life will be trying, and when you are doing the right thing you will be faced with opposition.  YOU must become converted to the gospel of Christ. i'll talk more next week- ah!

I'm so sorry but i'm out of time! hopefully i will get better at this. Don't miss me! I have work to do, and i'll be home soon.

I love you to the moon and back!

"sista" LLOYD
xoxo







No comments:

Post a Comment