The Sound Must Go Forth

" ... the sound must go forth from this place into all the world, and unto the uttermost parts of the earth—the gospel must be apreached unto every creature, with bsigns following them that believe." - D&C 58:64

Monday, June 17, 2013

PATIENCE AND TRUSTING IN THE LORD

We didn't think that anyone was reading the blog until today when several people said they were checking to see if Sister Lloyd had left for Sydney, so ... here's the latest in her words:

June 14:
Not getting the visa clearance has been a huge test of faith as to why we are all here. We are not here for ourselves or to check something off our life to-do list. We are here as Christ's servants to bring others unto Him. It shouldn't matter where we go. Yes, I am anxious to get to Aussieland but I will be there eventually. My testimony has also grown in knowing that this is not about my plan on how my mission experience should go, but rather it's about what the Lord has in store for me, and trusting Him.

June 17:
I am sending a quick email because a couple of things have changed over the last two days.  After finishing a service project at 5 am on saturday morning, my companion  was called down to the front desk.  She receieved her visa and will be leaving today! I am SO happy for her! However, this means that out of about 36 people, I will be the only person not leaving the MTC today and tomorrow. We already sent off our spokane sisters this morning at 4:30. I have to sleep on someone's floor tonight because I can't sleep alone, and as of 4 o'clock I won't have a companion! Come what may and love it, right?!

I love you so much! I was allowed special permission to email, so I don't have much time, but I know that everything will be alright.  Before my mission, I felt like I had been trusting 'enough' in the Lord. However, ever since arriving at the MTC, I have been working hard, every day on having more faith in His plan for me. It will all work out- I know it will, but I am working on my patience. I feel as though my delayed departure is somewhat of a 'final exam.' 
I love you and I love being a missionary!



No comments:

Post a Comment