The Sound Must Go Forth

" ... the sound must go forth from this place into all the world, and unto the uttermost parts of the earth—the gospel must be apreached unto every creature, with bsigns following them that believe." - D&C 58:64

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

DON'T LET THAT OLD SERPENT GET YOU DOWN!

Sister Training Leaders
HELLO BEAUTIFUL FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE PACKAGE!!! Yayyyy!!! CCCCCrystal LLLLight !!!

Last week we did training/exchanges with the Sisters in Medowie [Medowie is about 2.5 hrs north of Sydney]. Both of these Sisters are such diligent and obedient missionaries. We started the exchange by going out and Finding with a member and then invited an investigator to be baptized! We also found 4 new investigators! Sister T is a wonderful teacher and is doing great learning English. We committed to read up to Alma together by the next exchange!

Postage = $32; Candy and Crystal Light = Priceless!
My core experience with God this week came from our day full of miracles on Saturday. This was the only full day that we had in our area this past week and we had set appointments for every block of time throughout the day. We didn’t know how we were going to get it all done, but we prayed that the Lord would help us accomplish all that we needed to do. Sister Howes said that we should pray that the Lord would lengthen the hours and he did! We were on time with all of our appointments and accomplished so much - miracles! 

One of the YSA in our ward just got her mission call to serve in the Brisbane mission!  We asked her how she felt when she read “Brisbane” and she said the most inspiring thing -- that she didn’t care where her call was, in fact she had to go check and read it again, but she finally got to live her dream and serve a mission. I was so moved by how dedicated she already is. Another miracle, she offered to go out teaching with us twice this week!  I am always so inspired when I see other missionaries and how much they sacrifice to serve.

We also reconnected with a man we met at the library about a month ago.  He said he was too busy then, but to try after the holidays.  Well, little do they know that missionaries always remember!  We set up an appointment and invited him to be baptized! He said that he has met with Elders before, but he never had any interest.  He said that something has changed in him and he will be baptized!

In Matthew 7:24, Jesus taught that “whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man…” One of the key parts to teaching as Jesus taught is being obedient to our Heavenly Father and the Spirit.  I have seen so many miracles by following the counsel of my Mission President and Heavenly Father. I am so grateful for how black and white the rules are in this mission and how that allows us to have the Spirit with us in all things.

Love the Names of Cities and Towns!
The most wonderful thing that I can see happening on my mission would be the very real possibility, through the Holy Spirit, of changing my very nature. I was especially struck by the verses found in 2 Peter 1:4-8. I love the line that states we can be “partakers of the divine nature” be spiritually reborn and then the beautiful promise in vs. 8, “for if these things be IN you, and abound, they MAKE you ...”

Each week I feel as though I am being more spiritually refined and so the things I study and try to develop “make me” and are “in me.” President Monson said in the last conference:

Haka Posing Only! Sis Lloyd Can't Frown :(
“This should be our purpose- to persevere and endure, yes, but also to become more spiritually refined as we make our way through sunshine and sorrows.”

It is my vision to be continually refined throughout my mission and life. I desire to “never go back” because my nature is changed and I will never be “barren, nor unfruitful in the knowledge of Jesus Christ.” Even more importantly, I pray that I might be the means through which others may come unto Christ and change their nature. Not just baptizing and teaching for unrighteous motive, but sincerely CONVERTING people to follow Christ the rest of their lives.

I’ll close with Grandma J’s great advice for us all:

"DONT LET THAT OLD SERPENT GET YOU DOWN!"

I LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK! HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEK FULL OF THE LIGHT OF CHRIST!

Sister Lloyd

Oh! Please read this talk by Elder Neal A. Maxwell; it's amazing! 



No comments:

Post a Comment