Since football season is right around the corner:
"Your TALENT determines what you can do. Your MOTIVATION determines how much you are willing to do. Your ATTITUDE determines how well you do it." - Lou Holtz
WELL HELLO BEAUTIFUL FAMILY!!!
First off ... I'M SOOOOO SORRY I FORGOT TO TELL YOU I WOULD BE EMAILING LATE THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been praying that you wouldn't be worried or think I was headed to Australia! I didn't know until mid- last week, but we have transfers this week and so our P-day is on Tuesday this week, which brings me to other wonderful news ... I am staying in Albany! I am so grateful that Sis L and I can continue the work that we have started (we opened the area) and continue to develop relationships with people. It feels like we are just getting in the groove so I am so glad we get to stay. However, it is soooo sad saying goodbyes on missions because they already feel like family! This past Sunday, we had testimony meeting and almost every person got up to bear their testimony and say how grateful they were for the new Sisters in the ward. While this was happening, C, Sister C’s granddaughter, was snuggled up in between Sis L and me. I just love this ward so much! Then, for the ice cream on the cake ... remember K? Well that little squirt went to the podium and said how much she loved me and hoped I was staying! Yes, I was bawling. I am so grateful for the valiant youth in our ward.
Alrighty, list time:
* There are some key things that I have been studying this week that I wanted to share -
* I was reading what Pres Hinckley said to himself in the mirror every morning and I have been trying to do it too! "Don't worry, Sister Lloyd, everything will work out. Don't worry! Now smile and fake it until you feel it and get to work!" Something like that :D
* We have quite the eclectic mix of music going. Josh Wright piano, classical, hymns; the diversity between Clair de Lune and How Great Thou Art is amaaaazzzzing!
* I had a strong impression that I need to start composing. I have all these ideas for music that I haven’t had before!!! Again, blessings from the mission that I don’t think would be happening if I were home. I am so excited because I have these notes and lyrics going in my head and I want to write a song ...
* OKAYYYYYY FAM ... it’s time for a little wake up call! There is an article in this month’s Ensign about sarcasm. The Greek root of the word sarcasm means to tear apart flesh like a dog. Let that sit in your mind for a minute! I NEEDED TO READ THAT MESSAGE! We use sarcasm waaay too much. Read it. Read it. Read it and APPLY IT! When I say something like this, it’s because I’m the one who needs to change the most.
* Thank you so much for the conference talks. I love studying them whenever I have a free minute. Please keep them coming.
* Sometimes we are given time to get on mormon.org and do media searches. I was trying to find missionaries from Bountiful and I found Richie's on accident. I started crying because I was laughing so hard! It was so good to see his face and his words were just him – Richie Rich! I can't wait until all of us Braves are home again! It’s crazy how much you miss and love everyone you grew up with.
* I have been studying a lot to find some answers to one of the "questions of the soul" which is “How can I find peace and joy on this earth?” I discovered that throughout the Book of Alma, and especially Alma 5, we can find our answer. I know that by serving others and keeping the commandments we can find pure joy; not temporary, worldly joy, but eternal happiness. This joy can be found with my sweet brothers and loving parents! That is joy!!! Joy is starting and ending each day with prayers to help focus on how the gospel can bring joy and how to better live our lives. Joy is crying and laughing with someone who hasn't been to church for years and then sitting with them in sacrament meeting and feeling their spirit like an actual heater.
I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY! Something so powerful hit me yesterday that was incredibly clear and simple. I know without a doubt that I would rather be out here serving a mission than back home working and going to school AT THIS TIME OF MY LIFE. Of course I’ve loved serving from day 1, but something changed yesterday. I fasted this Sunday that I would have peace and understanding and humility about my temp assignment to serve here and that my visa would come at the right time. It was almost immediately given to me that I know the Lord has a plan for me. I get to serve two missions now! C’mon, how lucky can I be?!
As it says in the talk by Elder Holland, I challenge y'all to FAN THE FLAME OF FAITH each day! Look for tender mercies, thank your Heavenly Father for everything He has given us and acknowledge the moments when our faith can be strengthened and testimonies can grow. We should have a moment at least once a day when we can acknowledge that our faith has been strengthened. We shouldn't have to think back even two days! EVERY DAY! Our goal can be to DAILY – even if you aren’t a missionary, stay close to the Spirit because, truth is, that’s what brings us joy!
I HAVE THE MOST INCREDIBLE FAMILY ON THE PLANET. I am continually humbled by the love and support I constantly receive. I know that y'all are praying for me, and please know that I am praying for you too; many times a day.
Please stay safe with football. I LOVE these lyrics from the song you sent me [THANK YOU CHELSY! http://youtu.be/AlXDo5WhQXI] ... it's slingin' mud and dirt and grass, it's I got your number, I got your back when your back's against the wall ... ahh, I love that! I sure agree with this message and you know what, I finally think I get the whole bonding/learning life lessons thing about sports. I love you Daddy for teaching us this through your example – hard work and commitment pays off!
I love you family and remember... don't miss me y’all! I’ve got work to do!
No comments:
Post a Comment