Hello
Wonderful Family!
Here
we are again.... P days are comin' quicker and quicker!
This
week has been a very hard week. Very, very humbling and challenging but I am so
grateful that the Lord trusted us with this trial and that we have been able,
and are continuing to learn lessons from this experience.
Sister
A, one of the sisters I live with, is a temple square sister and is serving her
proselyting mission here for a few more weeks. She has been feeling very ill
lately and she was in so much pain that we took her to the ER where we spent
most of the day. Many things happened, and she has received excellent medical care, but she is still very sick. If you ever are blessed enough to meet
Sis "Sunshine" you will know what I mean, but she is the sweetest and
THE most Christ-like person I have met. She has been through many hard trials
in her life, the most recent being this terrible illness. It was awful seeing
her go through this. We were feeling helpless because we didn't know what
to do. There have been many prayers, miracles and blessings, but not without
having to deal with many stumbling blocks, or in this case, boulders. Please
pray for Sister A.
Last
Monday was the most wonderful P day we’ve had so far! Once we finish all of our
errands and work, we usually go to the church for a couple of hours to write
letters, play sports, and I sometimes play the piano. Well we were playing
volleyball in the gym and we noticed that it had started raining! Alright my
Utah peeps, you don't know what rain is until you come to the south! We are
talking tropical storm here! Nothing like we have in Utah! It pours down buckets
and the water is sooo warm! But I love it and I love the rain so ... what did
we decide to do? We grabbed the rugby ball and Frisbee and ran outside and PLAYED
IN THE RAIN AND MUD! IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!!!!!! We were slipping around in the
mud and grass and getting soaked to the bone. It was awesome.
We
also get to go to a member’s home for FHE every couple of weeks. Last week, the
family taught the lesson on agency. They used an object lesson involving me and
my companion. The point was to demonstrate what it would be like if we didn't
have agency. So Sis L was feeding me a
banana, forcing me to swallow it and I wasn’t allowed to stop her. You can
imagine how hysterical this was! The kids thought it was pretty entertaining
and I think they’ll remember the importance of having agency!
Thank
you so much to all of you for supporting and loving me. You can’t imagine how
wonderful it is to get a letter from you. Our mail comes pretty early in the
morning, so when a letter comes, it really makes my day. I love you so much! Is
there anything that I can do for any of you? I’m sending home some Tony
Chachere’s Creole seasoning – you haven’t lived until you’ve sprinkled some Tony’s
on yo food!
I
think that I have told you about Miss M before. She is my favorite “elderly”
lady! She reminds me so much of Grandma J because whenever we try and leave her
house, she fills a couple of grocery bags with food; she never lets us leave
empty handed! The other day we went to visit and she was making bran muffins
and I was able to help her and of course, eat some; they were delish! She
shares stories of the Congo and Singapore and I absolutely love her. I pretty much
pleaded with her to come to church yesterday and she said, "Baby, I'll
come if it's not raining outside" so I prayed soooo hard for it not to
rain! The whole morning, I kept looking out the window and sure enough, it
didn't rain!!! But, no sign of Miss M. Ahh …
I
can't believe that I am in Louisiana truly having the time of my life!! When I
think back to a year ago I never would of thought in a million years that this
is where I would be and what I would be doing. I feel like everything, the
people, the place, my companion, everything has been a part of me my entire
life. I love serving a mission. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY! Sometimes I think of
all the things I could be doing back home – like walking into Libby Gardner
and walking up the stairs to the Dumke recital hall or sitting in history class
BUT I am so grateful that I AM HERE SERVING THE LORD! What better thing
could I be doing with my life?! I mean, really?!
It’s
time to wrap up so here is your homework assignment:
In
Alma 30 is the story of Korihor and Alma, right? Well Korihor says that he will
believe if he is given a sign - read vs. 44.. Are those not signs
enough?! Haven't we been given all the tools to believe and strengthen our
faith?! There is NO excuse! Then in Alma 34:33, "as ye have had so many
witnesses, therefore, I beseech of you that ye do not procrastinate" or
else we will be vs. 35 "subjected to the spirit of the devil..." please
read these two chapters! I don't have time to explain it all and we should all
read and receive revelation for ourselves.
Well
family, I love y’all so much and I am praying for you a trillion times a day!
BROTHERS BE SAFE!!!!! PLEASE, PLEASE BE HAPPY, HAVE FUN AND BE CAREFUL!
I
love you more than all the Tabasco in Louisiana!!!
MUAH!
Ali, Alex, Alexandra –
Sister Lloyd!
![]() |
| Thank you Jeff for getting Sis Lloyd her fro-yo fix! Orange Leaf in Baton Rouge? - Who knew! |


No comments:
Post a Comment