The Sound Must Go Forth

" ... the sound must go forth from this place into all the world, and unto the uttermost parts of the earth—the gospel must be apreached unto every creature, with bsigns following them that believe." - D&C 58:64

Monday, August 12, 2013

INCREDIBLE CHANGE OF HEART


After 68 days (who's counting?), she's decided that she doesn't ever want to come home! When you read her letter, you'll understand why.

I have had an incredible week. I have thanked my Heavenly Father multiple times for the experiences of the last couple of days. Like I said last week, something significant has changed inside of me and I can say with absolute certainty and without anything tugging my heart, that I love serving out here and, I’m sorry, but I DON’T EVER WANT TO COME HOME! There is so much to do and I think the reason why I love it here so much is because I can see that there is such a need for the Gospel and that I am making a difference, even if in just a small way.  

Stake President & Bishop Turning Jambalaya

It is thought that the word "jambalaya" comes from the French word "jambon" mean "ham," the French words "a la," meaning "with" or "in the manner of," and the African word "ya," meaning "rice." The dish is a takeoff from the Spanish paella and is also amazingly similar to the West African dish called jollof rice. Jambalaya is a one-pot dish - most cooks prefer to cook it in cast-iron pots.

There is one rule in cooking jambalaya. After the rice has been added, jambalaya should never be stirred. Instead, it should be turned, as this prevents the grains of rice from breaking up. Most cooks turn jambalaya only two or three times after the rice is added, being sure to scoop from the bottom of the pot to mix rice evenly with other ingredients. Shovels are used when cooking outdoors in large cast-iron kettles.


Well hello beautiful family ... here we are again! Can you believe that it has been another week?!?! This past week just flew by. I'm sorry if this letter is shorter than others but I feel like my last P-Day was just yesterday.
It is incredible and I (and in NO WAY do I take any credit) can't believe that Sister Lloyd gets to be a part of this marvelous change of heart! Sometimes I forget that I am the missionary who is sharing and helping others seek the Spirit. I sometimes forget that I am the one with the black nametag riding her bike; I can't believe that it is me! I pray each day that I will never forget the importance of my calling and that I can always be worthy to represent our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ – the name that I place over my heart every morning.
[Sister Lloyd shared several experiences where she and her companion are teaching remarkable people and having their own testimonies strengthened as they witness the power of the Holy Spirit changes hearts. Each experience is filled with love and gratitude to Heavenly Father.]

A really fun thing that we do is play volleyball with the ward every Friday night and it is a BLAST!!!! We invite investigators and ward members, giving them a chance to develop friendships. You have to remember, we’re not in Utah family! Not everyone is LDS and lives across the street from the church. People here really have to go out of their way – LITERALLY, if they want to gather with other LDS people. It’s really fun for us as missionaries too because we can laugh and be a little less serious (it’s nothing like church basketball though, don’t worry Dad)!

Sister Lloyd also teases about us “carrying on with your lives without me! I thought y’all were going to be frozen in time while I was serving!

Since we had transfers last week, we have a new District and new Elders! Our last district was huge and so it was split in half. We have a new district leader, Elder T who is from Delta, UT. He is serving with Elder B from ID. We also have a new zone leader. I LOVE all of the missionaries who we get to serve with! Again, this week, I really fell in love all over again with everything about this mission! The bishopric, our ward, the stake, the beautiful landscape and my companion; SO MUCH LOVE! I am so, so grateful that I didn't get transferred and Sis Lyons and I have a chance to continue to work hard in this area and build upon the relationships starting to form. 

Well fam, here's to another fantastic week! Thank you for supporting me and loving me and making sacrifices so that I can be here. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY! I love that I get to serve the people here in Louisiana. I really have taken quite the turn from a couple of weeks ago. I don't ever want to leave! I’m going to die when I get that call from the office.

I love y'all so much. Keep working hard and praying often and reading the scriptures together as a family. Make time together as a family and get stoked to be together when I get home and have me pile on spiritual thoughts left and right! I CAN’T WAIT!!!!!!

HOMEWORK: Your reading assignment for the week is to read Alma 26 and 27.  Count how many times the word JOY is used and then step back and think about what these chapters are really about. Death, bloodshed and war? How could there be joy?!? "Joy because of the light of Christ unto life."

Oh, I almost forgot! I SAW MY FIRST FIREFLY! (or as they’re called down here – a lightning bug!) They are beautiful! 

Love y'all to the moon and back … and back again!

SO MUCH LOVE AND BLESSINGS TO ALL OF YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment