| Sister Lloyd has been serving for one year! |
Ello My Beautiful Familia!
Wow, what an incredible week.
Thank you for your examples and encouraging me to
be happy. And hey, I’m sorry for the serious tone in my letters, but I have
never been happier. No worries, mate!
I LOVE MY MISSION!
Transfers are next week ... ahhh ... I've been here seven months and I never want to leave!
| Rockin' the flour de lis and camo! |
This week, I had the blessing of going on exchanges
with several Sisters. With Sister J, we
had so many miracles, but my favorite occurred while watching her lead when we were out
tracting. We decided to pray about what street we would tract, and then she lead the way on what houses we should visit. At the final house, a
young man opened the door. He was so keen and so interested, and looking
for answers to the exact questions that Sister J and I bore testimony about. I am
so thankful that I also got to serve in Grafton this week (the farthest north area of mission
– about 7 hours from Sydney!) and spend time on exchanges with Sister P. I am so grateful for the example that she sets of diligence and love
with for her companion and everyone with whom she interacts.
| Coff's Harbour |
My core experience with God this week came as we were
tracting with Sister K. The other Sisters had found a few teens who
were keen on learning more about the church, and so we went back to teach them. In
my prayers and study, I felt very strongly that we needed to ensure that not
only were we teaching the children, but we needed to involve their parents. I
realized that this was a direct answer to my prayers. We met with the
parents, and set up a family home evening for the next Monday. The
children came to church, and are so eager and willing to learn and keep
commitments which is a miracle in itself, but also that the family is searching
for answers to help bind them and strengthen their them. Sister
K and I felt prompted to study the Restoration and role played so many times
earlier in the week how we could turn any conversation into how the gospel
blesses families, and it was exactly what we needed to bear testimony about.It
just confirmed my testimony of God preparing us for the exact moment when we
are blessed enough to come and teach His children.
Teaching as Jesus taught was another tracting experience
with Sister K. This week, the last week of the transfer, and the last
week of her training, I prayerfully decided that she is going to be my
“trainer” this week. She will lead everything, and I will get out of the
way! I asked her to show me how to tract, and the first house that we were lead
to, we found the most prepared young man. He is really struggling, and was so keen to learn more about how this gospel can help him. I have been praying and fasting to be more humble and to get out of
the way to let others grow and learn. I know that the Saviour would do the
same, and I pray that I will be able to follow His example.
This week I read a powerful passage in Alma 21.
This is the story about when Aaron went into the city of Jerusalem.
13 Nevertheless, Aaron and a certain number of his brethren were taken and cast into prison, and the remainder of them fled out of the land of Middoni unto the regions round about. 14 And those who were cast into prison suffered many things, and they were delivered by the hand of Lamoni and Ammon, and they were fed and clothed. 15 And they went forth again to declare the word, and thus they were delivered for the first time out of prison; and thus they had suffered. 16 And they went forth whithersoever they were led by the Spirit of the Lord, preaching the word of God in every synagogue of the Amalekites, or in every assembly of the Lamanites where they could be admitted.
We read that few were believing, and also they suffered temptations and afflictions; one after another. But the most important part that we learn, is that they went forth, again and again. Acting on their faith, and praying for revelation of other ways that they could help these people.
17 And it came to pass that the Lord began to bless them, insomuch that they brought many to the knowledge of the truth; yea, they did convince many of their sins, and of the traditions of their fathers, which were not correct.
13 Nevertheless, Aaron and a certain number of his brethren were taken and cast into prison, and the remainder of them fled out of the land of Middoni unto the regions round about. 14 And those who were cast into prison suffered many things, and they were delivered by the hand of Lamoni and Ammon, and they were fed and clothed. 15 And they went forth again to declare the word, and thus they were delivered for the first time out of prison; and thus they had suffered. 16 And they went forth whithersoever they were led by the Spirit of the Lord, preaching the word of God in every synagogue of the Amalekites, or in every assembly of the Lamanites where they could be admitted.
We read that few were believing, and also they suffered temptations and afflictions; one after another. But the most important part that we learn, is that they went forth, again and again. Acting on their faith, and praying for revelation of other ways that they could help these people.
17 And it came to pass that the Lord began to bless them, insomuch that they brought many to the knowledge of the truth; yea, they did convince many of their sins, and of the traditions of their fathers, which were not correct.
I know that after they had shown their faith, and
just kept moving or kept the “waters rolling” (DC 121:33) that the Lord
“began” to bless them. I know that we must show that we are willing
to serve with everything we have, and consecrate everything we have, and then
the Lord will shower us with blessings. Something that we have been
working on as a flat, is based on a scripture in the white handbook, it reads:
29 Let no
corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the
use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
I was later reading in one of my favourite sections,
D&C 31, about what we can do to help our flat, and also our companion
relationships with the Sisters.
The line that stood out to me the most is that we
need to govern our houses in
meekness. I know that as we focus on being more meek and humble,
accepting corrections, and seeking for the Spirit to know what to do, that we
will be blessed. We have declared this our “flat motto”!
To close, I would like to share one of my favourite
scriptures this week found in 2 COR 10:1. It reads:
1 Now I Paul myself beseech you by the meekness and gentleness of Christ, who in presence am base among you, but being absent am bold toward you.
1 Now I Paul myself beseech you by the meekness and gentleness of Christ, who in presence am base among you, but being absent am bold toward you.
I pray that I will always follow the example of
Jesus Christ, in meekness, in kindness, in boldness and in love as I am so
blessed to serve as a traveling sister and also a companion, daughter and
covenant woman in this gospel. I love being a missionary. I love this
mission. I am so happy and so grateful for all with which I am blessed.
I love you to the moon and back! C**
Over to you. "You can do this."(Pres. Howes)
| Petrol Station called "The Rock" |
No comments:
Post a Comment