ELLO BEAUTIFUL FAMILY!
MALO E LEI LEI!!!
I'M IN MANLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From Newcastle, the farthest north of the mission,
to the farthest south! It’s about 30 minutes out of the city, but I can see the
Harbour Bridge! I thought that Toronto was beautiful but this place is unreal
-- and there are people here! Hahahaha! Like, businesses
and LOTS of people! I am in a bit of shock with how much is going on.
IS THIS REAL?!! I AM SO HAPPY!
| I'm not leaving! |
That being said, I have never cried harder than
when I had to leave my home in Toronto but know that I will be friends with
those people forever.
I feel so sad that I was only with Sister McKinnon
for one transfer and we didn't really even get to work together much, but
again, we’re foreva Sistas! My new companion is from British Columbia - another Canadiannnn eh!! :)
We are ready and excited and my faith is bursting.
Greenie fire from Sister Lloyd here! I’m just so excited to get to work.
I would love to share a miracle that happened while
serving w Sis U. We planned to visit many people, we set appointments,
prayed and acted upon the inspiration to go to finding in
certain areas. The entire day, we were not having success. No one would
talk to us! We kept evaluating, and trying and NO ONE would talk to us,
and we discussed what God wanted us to learn in each of the areas and homes we
visited. Sis U's goal for the day was to find a family to teach, and we
both had the faith that it could happen.
| Scarves & Jammies will bond us foreva! |
We felt prompted to tract a
street that she has been hesitant to go down before. We knocked
on the door, and immediately a sweet woman rushed us in because of the
cold. We had a transformational, tear-filled lesson with this woman and
her husband, who graciously accepted the message, the Book of Mormon and welcomed
us back to learn more. The entire day we had worked hard and faced
opposition, and at the very end, we were blessed with an incredible miracle and
answer to our prayers; a keen and prepared family for the Sisters to teach.
My core experience with God this week came from a “real”
conversation that I had with the Lord. The night that I found out about
transfers, I will admit, I was heartbroken, yet excited and a little nervous to
know what the Lord had in store for me. I offered a prayer to Him, and
told Him exactly how I was feeling, and prayed for peace that I had done all
that I could in Toronto and as a Traveling Sister. I was so overwhelmed,
and heard words in my mind that He had accepted my service. I feel completely
at peace with the work that the Lord guided and allowed me to do during my time
in Newcastle. It was the most joyous, peaceful feeling, knowing that I now
could leave, and devote everything I had been blessed with to learn and go and
serve with all of my soul. Toronto meant everything to me because of the
transformation that I saw in that ward, and also how much I transformed during
that time. As Elder J spoke yesterday, I realized that Toronto has been my "sacred grove" where I came to know God and the Savior, and love them, more than ever before. I've learned what it means to
consecrate everything to serve them. I have never felt the Spirit guide, prompt and comfort me more, and I have never had such a real and
personal relationship with my Father in Heaven and my Saviour.
Teaching as Jesus Taught came from a miracle lesson
with an investigator who met with the missionaries to learn English. I was with a companion who
didn't speak English very well herself, and as always, I had to completely seek
for guidance from the spirit to know what to do. She wanted to learn
directions so we decided to teach her the Plan of Salvation, and use the
purpose of life, and direction of where we came from, what our purpose is and
where we will go after this life. It was unlike any lesson I have ever had
on my mission. She was speaking in Chinese, but I felt our spirits connect
and testify to each other. It was so powerful and I know that we
understood each other. Even though I was only there for a day, I know
that we were supposed to meet each other. She touched my heart in so
many ways through her humility, faith and love and desire to know the Saviour.
| First AU baptism and Ward Mission Leader |
Speaking about how I have been spiritually
fulfilled is a hard, but wonderful question. Although I have been
"fulfilled" I am left wanting more and more – the more I am
filled with the Spirit, the greater my capacity to receive and want more. I can
never “settle” as far as my spirit learning goes.
I have truly come to "delight in the
scriptures" as Nephi states. Over the last couple of transfers, I
have found complete guidance from the words of God. I love the scriptures,
and just wish that I could study all day, every day! I love the
scriptures, and hearing God speak to me.
In Phil 1:27, it reads:
27 Only
let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I
come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand
fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of
the gospel;
| Best Family Eva! |
There are always at least two of us, wherever we go
as missionaries. The same applies to our families and friends. We
are constantly surrounded with people who need to hear the doctrine of Christ,
and need to be uplifted and edified by the words of Christ. I know that
we hear the words of God by reading the scriptures, but it is our
responsibility, because we have been taught, that we must share not only the
spirit we carry, but also our understanding of the plan of happiness.
| Reunited Just for Lunch! |
I am SO grateful to be here in Manly. I am so
excited to get to work! I don't know what I am doing, or even where to
start, but I have complete faith that as we are obedient and consecrate
everything we have to this area, the Lord will help us be instruments in His
hands to do His work. I know that he intends for this area to flourish, and I
am so grateful to get to work and seek, and rely entirely on the Lord.
I love this work. I love being a
missionary. I love beaches! I am so grateful.
I love you to the moon and back!
No comments:
Post a Comment